Hi, I’m Emily, the Wedding & Event Coordinator for Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage! Since it’ll be my words that you’ll read on this blog and my freckled face that you’ll see at weddings and other events, I thought it would be nice to digitally introduce myself. I’ve been trying to figure out the best way to do that. I could, for instance, write out a boring biography about where I went to school (Texas A&M University) and the number of siblings I have (1), but that’s not very interesting or pertinent to our Hermitage Wedding blog. So, in an effort to be on theme, I’ve put together 8 wedding-related trivia tidbits about myself.
1. I always cry at weddings but not at the ceremony. I’m a sucker for the dance portion of the evening. The couple’s first dance, Daddy/Daughter dance- they all make me weep happy tears.
2. I’ve been married eight months, and I’ve already given up trying to remember what day my anniversary is.
3. I stayed up all night so that I could watch the live coverage of Kate Middleton’s wedding to Prince William.
4. I do not understand the allure of Jordan Almonds.
5. I went to Germany on my honeymoon.
6. I’m a fierce bargain hunter; I bought my own wedding dress for 75% off the retail price.
7. I really, really, really want to plan and coordinate someone’s Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings themed wedding.
8. My favorite fictional wedding was Jim and Pam’s Niagara Falls nuptials on The Office.
I’ll leave you with this photo of my husband and I on our wedding day!