Congratulations! You’re engaged! Now what?
With your new piece of jewelry sparkling on your left hand, it’s finally time to put all of those years of Pinteresting to use! All of those details and questions start swirling around and your head and it can be hard to figure out where to start in planning one of the most special days of your life. Don’t worry! I’m here to help.
First, RELAX! You have more than enough time to plan your perfect wedding! Here are the first three steps to get the ball rolling.
1. Decide on WHEN you would like to get married.
- The most popular wedding months in Tennessee are May, September, and October.
- If you're wanting an outdoor wedding, consider later May or the fall months as they are less rainy.
2. Consider hiring a WEDDING PLANNER.
- They know the industry inside and out and can help guide you to the vendors that work best for your vision and budget.
- They have done this whole process before and can help ease the stress of it all for you!
3. Create your BUDGET.
- You can't start booking vendors or your venue until you know your budget, so it's important to figure this out before getting ahead of yourself.
- Come up with two budgets: your ideal budget and then one with the maximum amount you are willing and able to spend. Don't go over that second budget.
Now the fun parts: compiling a GUEST LIST and beginning to VENUE SEARCH! Compiling your guest list right now does not mean this is the exact list of who you will be inviting to your wedding because things change, but it will give you an estimate of what size wedding you’re looking for. Once you have an approximate guest count and an estimated budget, you can begin to look for the perfect space.
Enjoy this time in your planning process. It’s just the beginning and should set you on the path to create the day you’ve been dreaming about! Make sure you check back next week for the next part of the wedding planning series about CHOOSING YOUR DATE AND VENUE!